- Very professional cave diving certified staff (for Cenotes!)
- Possibility for Nitrox (for free) and Sidemount
- New, good quality gear (APEX, Aqualung), included in the price
- Full packages (hotel + dives), in a friendly family run hotel
- Possibility of learning tech diving
Our opinion on the Zen Diving dive center:
At the heart of the Riviera Maya on Mexico’s Caribbean coast just outside Tulum sits the Zen Diving dive center. Set up in 2016, it is the culmination of a dream for “JC”, the center’s owner.
JC arrived in Mexico in 2009 at the age of 21 where he worked in a hotel. The little time he had free, he spent learning how to scuba dive. During this time, he developed a passion for the Mexican cenotes and sites like Dos Ojos, TheGreat Cenote, and The Pit were no secret to him. He began to train for cave diving and quickly dropped everything to become a PADI Divemaster right at the heart of the Maya region. After a brief 3-year stint in Sweden, JC came back to Tulum with his right-hand woman, Josefin. Together, they embarked on their new adventure: opening their own dive center, Zen Diving.
Located in the Diego de la Selva Hotel in Tulum, Zen Diving runs on the simple and legitimate desires of their guests/divers:
- True comfort! This is non-negotiable for everybody—divers and non-divers alike! This is why Zen Diving chose its location in a hotel, complete with swimming pool, changing area, restaurant, babysitting services, and little extras like yoga and massage.
- True professionals! JC has sworn a love to these Mexican jungle “water holes”, formally referred to as cenotes. Cenotes are open to snorkelers, introductory dives, Nitrox lovers, and Sidemount fans. He will take you all to discover these unique waters in complete safety and tranquility.
- True organization! This is the secret to the perfect vacation—doing everything without doing anything for! Zen Diving organizes EVERYTHING from your arrival at the Cancun International Airport to your departure. They want you to be no stress so you can dive with peace of mind.
Our advice to you: if you want to dive footloose and fancy free, go with Zen Diving dive center. You can thank us later.